DO YOU WANT TO LEARN TO DANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SALSA CLASSES NEAR FUENGIROLA?
Learning to dance is undoubtedly the best decision you can make to improve your life.
Join our salsa classes near Fuengirola and you will learn while having fun.
From the moment you sign up for dance classes, your life will change for the better, given the multiple benefits it brings to our physical and mental health:
- You will disconnect from your worries, freeing your mind from stress for a while.
- You will improve your self-esteem. As you progress you will feel better about yourself, which will undoubtedly affect other areas of your life.
- It will help you to relate to others and you will make new friends since you will find yourself surrounded by colleagues who are in the same situation.
- In our classes, laughter is guaranteed, and this is, without a doubt, the best therapy for the soul.
- You will strengthen your heart since dancing is an aerobic activity, during which you will exercise many muscles in your body.
- You will burn calories. Many nutritionists recommend dancing as the ideal complement to a healthy lifestyle.
- It will improve your body posture, you will enhance coordination, rhythm, concentration, etc.
- You will enjoy the music much more because your body will be in tune with the rhythm.
- Dancing increases the production of endorphins, which increases your vitality and your degree of happiness.
- According to the American Council on Exercise (ACE), dancing helps prevent senility, as they keep the mind agile, alert and promote memory. It has been shown to improve circulation, lung capacity and reduce harmful cholesterol in the blood. Plus, keeping your joints lubricated helps prevent osteoporosis and arthritis.
These are all more than enough reasons for you to continue with your purpose of learning to dance.
Look no further for excuses to find that gap in your life, and decide now to learn to dance in our beginner classes from scratch.
Salsa is a musical style, which fuses Son of Cuba with jazz and other Caribbean rhythms. Its origin is in son montuno, but its name is due to the mixture of different beats, which were developed in New York, when Cuban musicians joined other Latin American and African-American musicians, creating to a new genre, which was given a more commercial name, Salsa, which soon spread to the rest of the world.
According to its provenance, a subtle difference in the rhythm of the melody is appreciated, giving rise to diverse musical styles and, therefore, different ways of dancing them.
It is also a very fun dance that is enjoyed as a couple, where the man leads the woman through his hands. There are some fundamental steps that you must know how to execute properly, to be able to evolve at a good pace and for communication to flow between the two dancers.
The main dance styles are:
-Cuban salsa or timba is the result of the mixture of son montuno with the different varieties of Afro-Cuban music. It is danced with a touch of sensuality and carefreeness, with many displacements in a rotating sense, including typical steps of the Cuban rumba, which take place when its melody is recognized in the song.
–Los Angeles salsa style is a style of dance that is characterized by its refined technique, where the man gentlemanly leads the woman in a linear sense. It is very striking for its elegance and twists. It is danced accentuating the first musical time.
–Mambo or “salsa on two” is how we call a more harmonious dance style, accentuating the second musical time. The figures and the displacements are the same as in the Los Angeles style, but it is styled by adding to the dance a greater expressiveness in the corporal movement (flavour) and a more harmonious cadence.
Baila con Sara offers salsa classes near Fuengirola. We mainly teach salsa Los Angeles style, although we also introduce the other styles.
Come and try a class without obligation and I assure you that you will stay.